Dish and King Dome

Post any questions that you may have about your DISH receiver here.

Dish and King Dome

Postby KachinaShadow » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:03 pm

I recently upgraded the King Dome satellite dish, on our houseboat at Lake Powell, from the old SD only King Dome to an HD compatible King Dome. The King Dome dish is common on RV's and Houseboats since it can track the satellite while going down the road or up the lake.

Since the King Dome dish has to look at three satellites independently, depending on what channel you select, it has to move when the channel you select is not on the satellite it is currently pointed to. The problem is if you tune to an HD channel and the dish has to move to a different satellite, it often times out before it can acquire that satellite and gives the message that it cannot acquire the HD signal so it is tuning to the SD equivalent...after a few more times of trying you are finally able to get the HD channel and all is well.

My question is...am I at all able to increase the time allotted, in the Dish box, before it tunes to the SD channel as it would only need another second or two in order to move to the satellite, which the HD channel you wish to view is on, before tuning to the SD equivelant? The receiver is a VIP211z

Thanks
KachinaShadow

Re: Dish and King Dome

Postby Chadt4141 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:11 pm

No settings you can change for that.
I do not work for DISH, and all posts are made based on experience. EMPLOYEEs names only show in GREEN.
PM a mod for account specific answers.
Your friendly everyday guy, I AM CHAD!
Chadt4141

Re: Dish and King Dome

Postby KachinaShadow » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:52 am

Chadt4141 wrote:No settings you can change for that.

Thanks Chad...kind of what I thought :(
KachinaShadow

Return to DISH Receiver Support