Fast Forward Speed in New Interface - NO 4X!!!

Browse our remote control threads to find an answer to your remote questions.

Re: Fast Forward Speed in New Interface - NO 4X!!!

Postby peggyrh » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:57 pm

4x FF was removed in 2/2016 when the Hopper3 was released, older Hoppers are just now getting the same software. Dish reps have said it's not returning - even though customers have been asking for it.
peggyrh

Postby Chadt4141 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:39 pm

Dgaschk wrote:Updated last night. Missing 4X FF. 15X is too fast. Why hasn't this been fixed? It's pretty annoying that something so simple has not been fixed.

Nothing is broken. That's by design
I do not work for DISH, and all posts are made based on experience. EMPLOYEEs names only show in GREEN.
PM a mod for account specific answers.
Your friendly everyday guy, I AM CHAD!
Chadt4141

Postby AndrewD » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:42 pm

Why did Dish employees stop replying? The loss of 4x is a big deal.

Sports are the one thing keeping me (& countless others) from saving $1,000 a year and "cutting the cord". Dish must listen to this simple complaint/request. NFL preseason starts in a month. Fix it.

PS... 15x isn't ideal for accuracy on commercial skipping either.
AndrewD

Postby Mimyjst42day » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Add my family to the list of customers that want the 4x fast forward speed. 15x is just way too fast for us to stop it where we want it to stop and we end up going way past where we want it to stop. This seems like something many customers would like to see made available to us again.
Mimyjst42day

Postby Chadt4141 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:36 pm

AndrewD wrote:Why did Dish employees stop replying? The loss of 4x is a big deal.

Sports are the one thing keeping me (& countless others) from saving $1,000 a year and "cutting the cord". Dish must listen to this simple complaint/request. NFL preseason starts in a month. Fix it.

PS... 15x isn't ideal for accuracy on commercial skipping either.

Because the answer has been given. It's by design, and since it has been gone over a year and half, there is not much likelihood it will return.
I do not work for DISH, and all posts are made based on experience. EMPLOYEEs names only show in GREEN.
PM a mod for account specific answers.
Your friendly everyday guy, I AM CHAD!
Chadt4141

Postby nforddishfrm » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:57 pm

This software "upgrade" has been out for a long time, and I have been with Dish for 15+ years, but for some reason I just got it recently. It has so many problems compared to the prior software that I upgraded to Hopper 3 in hopes that would fix them, but it didn't.

The problem addressed in this thread is the lack of 4x speed and I don't understand why Dish is ignoring it. At 15x, it is simply not possible to see what you are fast forwarding through and stop it in time. It is almost worthless. I don't understand why Dish refuses to restore this feature. It is a no-brainer and how could it possible hurt anything to put it back?
nforddishfrm

Postby lifebytes » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:22 pm

I vote for the slower speed too. Makes me dizzy trying to get past commercials only to see that I went deeply into my show. Please bring back 4x. Thank you.
lifebytes

Previous

Return to DISH Remote Control Support