remote not working

Browse our remote control threads to find an answer to your remote questions.

remote not working

Postby ryan1170 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:13 pm

My 21.0 IR/UHF remote for the my 2nd tv rarely works. I've tried new batteries, adding an antenna to boost the signal all to no avail. I think the remote may be faulty as it hasn't worked well since my dish service was activated. Please help.
ryan1170

Re: remote not working

Postby Becki B. » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:05 pm

I would be happy to assist you! Have you tried to reprogram the remote to the receiver? Does the SAT button light up on the top when you press any buttons?
Becki Barned
Social Media Team Lead
Sunday 8am-5pm MT
Monday-Thursday 1-10pm MT
Becki B.

Postby ryan1170 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:29 pm

Yes on both questions.
ryan1170

Postby Becki B. » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:59 pm

Great! We may need to replace the remote for you. Can you please send me a PM with your account or phone number?
Becki Barned
Social Media Team Lead
Sunday 8am-5pm MT
Monday-Thursday 1-10pm MT
Becki B.

Postby jrtexas » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:51 pm

I have the same problem as ryan1170. My TV-2 is stuck on one channel and will not change. The remote is a 6.3 IR/UHF Pro. This remote has a small A-B slide switch under the battery cover. Doesn't work in either position. I've also tried new batteries and programming the remote again. No help. The SAT light turns on when I push the button.
jrtexas

Postby Ray C. » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:58 pm

Have you attempted readdressing the TV 2 remote to the receiver? Please let me know so I can assist you further. Thanks.

jrtexas wrote:I have the same problem as ryan1170. My TV-2 is stuck on one channel and will not change. The remote is a 6.3 IR/UHF Pro. This remote has a small A-B slide switch under the battery cover. Doesn't work in either position. I've also tried new batteries and programming the remote again. No help. The SAT light turns on when I push the button.
Ray C.
Social Media Team
Hours: Tuesday - Saturday, 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM MDT
Ray C.

Postby jrtexas » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:23 pm

I just tried readdressing and I think it worked but there's still a problem. I can change TV-2 channels if I'm in line of sight to TV-1. I can't change channels if I'm in the TV-2 room which is not that far away. Is there a way to improve the signal to the TV-2 remote? If not, I think I need a new remote. The receiver is a VIP722.

Thanks for your quick response...
jrtexas

Postby Ray C. » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:31 pm

Here is a link with instructions on how to readdress the remote to your receiver: http://www.mydish.com/support/change-re ... vl=leftnav. If you continue to have issues with your remote, I can send you a replacement. Thanks.

jrtexas wrote:I just tried readdressing and I think it worked but there's still a problem. I can change TV-2 channels if I'm in line of sight to TV-1. I can't change channels if I'm in the TV-2 room which is not that far away. Is there a way to improve the signal to the TV-2 remote? If not, I think I need a new remote. The receiver is a VIP722.

Thanks for your quick response...
Ray C.
Social Media Team
Hours: Tuesday - Saturday, 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM MDT
Ray C.

Postby jrtexas » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:18 pm

I tried this a couple of times. The secondary remote is set to address "9". I go through the process to change it to another address (tried 5 and 8). All lights flash when they're supposed but the address will not change to a different number. Should these readdress steps work for the 6.3 IR/UHF Pro remote on a VIP722 receiver?
jrtexas

Postby Mark H. » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:28 pm

jrtexas wrote:I tried this a couple of times. The secondary remote is set to address "9". I go through the process to change it to another address (tried 5 and 8). All lights flash when they're supposed but the address will not change to a different number. Should these readdress steps work for the 6.3 IR/UHF Pro remote on a VIP722 receiver?

This should readress the remote. What is the color of the key at the bottom of the remote and does this state it is a UHF key? Have you tried this both in the A and B band? http://www.mydish.com/support/remote-co ... ch_results
Mark H
Social Media Representative
Sun - Wed 12 pm - 11 pm
Mark H.

Next

Return to DISH Remote Control Support