Dropped Timer

Check out our product support threads to find answers to any questions you may have about your Sling Adapter, Tailgater or any other DISH product.

Re: Dropped Timer

Postby Chris S. » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:12 am

Were both of them set up the same way? Were they both set up using our DA App or at the receiver?
Chris S.
Social Media Representative
11am - 10pm Fri/Sat/Tue off
Chris S.

Postby logdog » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:28 pm

Chris S. wrote:Were both of them set up the same way? Were they both set up using our DA App or at the receiver?

Yes - same way. They were both created using the Joey2. I always create series timers by selecting the show in the Guide and then Record Series.
logdog

Postby Chris S. » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:38 pm

Thank you.

For the most part, issues with dropped timers should have been resolved. I don't see a case id for this being a known issue again.

I would need to get this over to our engineers.

Can you PM me your account number and PIN?
Chris S.
Social Media Representative
11am - 10pm Fri/Sat/Tue off
Chris S.

Postby logdog » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:37 pm

Chris S. wrote:Thank you.

For the most part, issues with dropped timers should have been resolved. I don't see a case id for this being a known issue again.

I would need to get this over to our engineers.

Can you PM me your account number and PIN?

Done.

I have to say though, this is what frustrates me so much with Dish. I keep reporting issues and all I get is the standard "this is a known issue". There is never an update on when or if these issues will be resolved so we don't know if it's worthwhile reporting the same problems over and over.
logdog

Postby logdog » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:35 pm

Dropped timers still has not been resolved. Last week there were two new back to back episodes of Gold Rush. One recorded and the other didn't. Tonight there is another new episode that was supposed to record but I had to add a new timer because the existing timer failed to see it.
logdog

Postby ZZV43701 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:51 pm

Same here - I missed it completly and will get the re-run.

Magicians on SyFy starting a new season - it did not schedule to record - created a new timer.

Back to needing to check everything... again

Along with the useless no info. guide it's getting old.

logdog wrote:Dropped timers still has not been resolved. Last week there were two new back to back episodes of Gold Rush. One recorded and the other didn't. Tonight there is another new episode that was supposed to record but I had to add a new timer because the existing timer failed to see it.
ZZV43701

Postby thehip » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:02 pm

yeah, same here. Virtually all the timers work, but one or two a week will not - for some reason battlebots and top chef junior were probably the top two shows skipped. So you need to check every single recording every day. Deleted and recreated timers, reset hopper, downloaded software, check your timer settings - even though it worked for YEARS with the exact same settings....all the usual busywork that you need to do as dish pretends it is your problem.

Anyone ever solve this for real? And no, asking me the model of my hopper solves nothing nor does it provide any useful information.
thehip

Previous

Return to DISH Product Support