Slow internet

Check out our product support threads to find answers to any questions you may have about your Sling Adapter, Tailgater or any other DISH product.

Slow internet

Postby Woodsprite207 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:20 pm

I have had Dish satellite internet for almost two years. It has lived up to its speed claim, very close to 5 Mbps until the past month or so. Tonight I am only getting speeds of 1.3-1.5 Mbps. I went over all the possible things to try with the tech on the phone, including resetting the modem. That didn't fix anything. They sent a tech out. He was here at about 10:30 am to about 12 pm. He tweaked the dish a bit, but couldn't find anything wrong. (That's going to cost me at least $48 for 6 mos. of protection plan.) But before he did that, my speed was good that morning (of course, like when your car is making noise except when you bring it to the shop).:roll: Pretty close to 10 Mbps (I upgraded a couple months ago). The speed was still good after he left. Yesterday, early in the morning, (7-8 am) I was able to watch video on Hulu. My data limits are nowhere near used up. I was told that the more people using the service, the slower it will be, but are there that many more people on in the afternoon and evening that it is going to slow me down that much? to ONE-TENTH of what I should be getting? :( Ever since the upgrade the speed has been more inconsistent, but it has gotten absolutely ridiculous! :x (Are we going to blame "net neutrality"?)
Woodsprite207

Re: Slow internet

Postby Matt G » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:48 pm

I understand that you are frustrated. For our internet, we will need you to call 1-800-333-3474 for assistance. We do apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
Social Media Representative
6am-3pm MT M-F
Matt G

Postby Woodsprite207 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:12 pm

Anyone else out there experiencing the same thing?
Woodsprite207

Postby braddavison22 » Thu May 28, 2015 5:33 am

Just had Dishnet installed a couple of days ago....pathetic!!!!!! They claim 5-15 MBpS, yet I am getting less than 1 MBpS download speed!!!! Funny thing is in the morning around 5am, the speed goes up to 7 MBpS, the evening drops back to less than 1. Totally unacceptable. Not worth the $89 I am being charged. If the tech does not fix this tomorrow, i am dropping this service and going with a Straight Talk hotspot device.
braddavison22

Postby Cheri T. » Thu May 28, 2015 7:24 am

We can definitely understand your frustration. Please contact our broadband department at 1-800-333-3474 for further assistance with any internet issues you're experiencing.
Cheri Torres
Social Media Representative
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thurs. and Fri. 9:00AM - 8:00PM (MST)
Cheri T.

Postby Woodsprite207 » Thu May 28, 2015 3:12 pm

I was having the faster in the morning, slower, much, much slower in the afternoon/evening. A second tech came out and replaced my modem and it seems okay now. Just tested it and got 7 Mbps. Not 10, but a lot better.
Woodsprite207

Postby Woodlums08 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:00 am

If every question about internet access is going to be answered with a canned response about calling the 1 800 number that is only available certain times, why even have a forum board? Why isn't there a dedicated tab for dish Net? Can we have an answer about why internet speeds are so slow? I am paying for what I am not receiving, next stop FCC.
Woodlums08

Postby DaveinMT » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:54 am

You will not get many answers on here about Dishnet, as in truth, they are a different division, so basically a different company, this forum is for support of DishTV and you have to call the 800 support number for Dishnet(Hughsnet)
DaveinMT

Remarkably Slow internet

Postby FirstShirt » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:28 pm

Perhaps it is just me that has a h-u-g-e problem simply loading a webpage in Dish Internet Service. Society and software has changed dramatically since the 1970s when we used 56k dial-up modems for internet service. Sadly, satellite providers throttle your service after you have checked your email, looked a Facebook, and, God forbid, your operating system downloaded an update or two. I just spent the better part of the morning trying to create a UserID, check my email to verify the creation of the login account, load the Dish page (4 attempts timed out) to get to this point. It is sad when a motel internet is lightening fast, but your paid service is virtually useless 60% of the time.

I came to Dish for internet after having precisely the same problem with Hughes Net. This "throttling" is an unpleasant inducement to force you to upgrade to a more expensive service.
FirstShirt

Postby Chadt4141 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:36 pm

DishNet is HughesNet. You can view your usuage without getting online and using more data. I believe the address you want to type in is 192.168.100.1 for the modem.
I do not work for DISH, and all posts are made based on experience. EMPLOYEEs names only show in GREEN.
PM a mod for account specific answers.
Your friendly everyday guy, I AM CHAD!
Chadt4141

Next

Return to DISH Product Support