Slow internet

Check out our product support threads to find answers to any questions you may have about your Sling Adapter, Tailgater or any other DISH product.

Re: Slow internet

Postby Eikos » Wed May 04, 2016 4:45 pm

I can't stand DISH INTERNET. The internet is so damn slow as of today 5\4\16 all web pages load slower than dial up.. Yes , I have data, yes the weather is fine, yes I restarted my modem\router, yes I cleared the cache and yes I called customer support. Every single web page just spins spins spins. Even my instant messenger takes a minute or two to send and receive messages. Test speed isn't half of what I am paying for.. What a joke DISH INTERNET is.. Sucks because I live in BFE and dishbis my only option. I would never ever suggest this company to anyone.
Eikos
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 4:30 pm

Re: Slow internet

Postby SamuelH » Wed May 04, 2016 4:59 pm

Eikos wrote:I can't stand DISH INTERNET. The internet is so damn slow as of today 5\4\16 all web pages load slower than dial up.. Yes , I have data, yes the weather is fine, yes I restarted my modem\router, yes I cleared the cache and yes I called customer support. Every single web page just spins spins spins. Even my instant messenger takes a minute or two to send and receive messages. Test speed isn't half of what I am paying for.. What a joke DISH INTERNET is.. Sucks because I live in BFE and dishbis my only option. I would never ever suggest this company to anyone.


In order to troubleshoot Internet issues, you will want to contact our Internet Specialists at 1-800-333-3474. They will be able to answer your questions and concerns.
Sam Hnatiuk
Social Media Representative
Sunday-Wednesday 8:00a-7:00p (MDT)
SamuelH
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:02 pm

Re: Slow internet

Postby rabbottMI » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:36 pm

Re: Slow Internet
SamuelH is a dutiful employee, but I agree 100% with Eikos's complaint. I've had Dish for over a year, and despite doing everything customer support has told me to do in the past - unplugging and rebooting everything, clearing the cache, etc. -- my download speeds are still barely 2 mbps. For me this is typical after 9 pm. I have tried calling Dish's internet specialists in the past, and neither they nor the technician who came to the house twice were able to solve the problem. And no one ever mentioned the other huge factor in satellite internet usage, which is latency -- the delays between sending and receiving signals, and even with so-called "high speed" internet, latency can slow everything down to a crawl.

Having read through so many complaints about Dish's internet speeds, I am going to contact the Better Business Bureau because it is truly false advertising to say Dish has "High Speed Internet" with speeds of "12 MBPS." That's just a complete misrepresentation.

It's also disturbing to know that Dish technicians who make service calls are docked pay if they have to make more than one visit to the same address in a short span of time. It should be the Dish marketing executives who get their pay docked for every time they gave misleading and incorrect information about average internet speeds.
rabbottMI
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: Slow internet

Postby Chadt4141 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:49 pm

rabbottMI wrote:Re: Slow Internet
SamuelH is a dutiful employee, but I agree 100% with Eikos's complaint. I've had Dish for over a year, and despite doing everything customer support has told me to do in the past - unplugging and rebooting everything, clearing the cache, etc. -- my download speeds are still barely 2 mbps. For me this is typical after 9 pm. I have tried calling Dish's internet specialists in the past, and neither they nor the technician who came to the house twice were able to solve the problem. And no one ever mentioned the other huge factor in satellite internet usage, which is latency -- the delays between sending and receiving signals, and even with so-called "high speed" internet, latency can slow everything down to a crawl.

Having read through so many complaints about Dish's internet speeds, I am going to contact the Better Business Bureau because it is truly false advertising to say Dish has "High Speed Internet" with speeds of "12 MBPS." That's just a complete misrepresentation.

It's also disturbing to know that Dish technicians who make service calls are docked pay if they have to make more than one visit to the same address in a short span of time. It should be the Dish marketing executives who get their pay docked for every time they gave misleading and incorrect information about average internet speeds.

Like every ISP, the speeds are not speeds of 12 Mbps... it is speeds up to 10 Mbps. The "up to" part is the clincher and why it is not false advertising. I use to work in their broadband Dept and can tell you firsthand they do get up to even 15 Mbps.
I do not work for DISH, and all posts are made based on experience. EMPLOYEEs names only show in GREEN.
PM a mod for account specific answers.
Your friendly everyday guy, I AM CHAD!
Chadt4141
 
Posts: 7368
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:08 pm

Re: Slow internet

Postby FirstShirt » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:04 pm

Chadt4141 wrote:DishNet is HughesNet. You can view your usuage without getting online and using more data. I believe the address you want to type in is 192.168.100.1 for the modem.


Thanks, Chad. I often use the address you indicated. That was not my point, however. I know that Dish bought HughesNet. Had I known that I would not have subscribed to Dish Internet. My point was that satellite internet providers charge exorbitant fees for what is, in today's world, a very small quantity of data. Of course, so do the other satellite providers, what few there are.

My State of residence's Public Service Commissioner is requesting information on the quality of service of internet service providers and cellular providers from a Public Safety point of view. Can you communicate when you meed to during times of trouble? Alas, I had to answer, "No" with both internet and cellular service. We who live in remote rural areas are the forgotten many. We have no cable or landline internet and are out of cellular coverage areas.

Thanks for listening. . .
FirstShirt
FirstShirt
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:15 pm

Re: Slow internet

Postby salyardsjp » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:58 pm

DISHNet is the internet choice of second to last resort, better only than dial-up. DISHNet is simply HughesNet or Excede (depending on your market) branded with DISH. It is satellite based internet (outside of wireline for those near the west coast), and has severe use and speed restrictions that are based on FCC regulations for signal power of both the TRIA and the satellite (in space) and the physical requirements of the system. Signal power of the TRIA is restricted to keep people safe, and it cannot really be raised in an residential setting without an increased risk of harm to people. The satellite is restricted as well, and while raising its signal power may help a few, it would shorten the life of the satellite and consume more power than it can generate, causing outages and perhaps even permanent damage. Just know that it is sending signal as fast and as high as it can while staying within regulations and design specs. The real problem is physical. Computing power, packets, polarization, spotbeams, etc. are all physical things that hold the technology back, but the biggest problem is distance. 22, 236 miles separate you and the satellite. You type "yahoo.com", your browser converts that to a numerical IP address, your computer almost instantly tells your modem to go to that address, your modem sends a request to the TRIA on your antenna (nearly instantly) to ask a server at that numerical address to load the page, the TRIA sends that request to a satellite in space at 186,282 miles/second (taking approx. .12 seconds to make the trip), the satellite accepts the request and reroutes it to a uplink center on Earth at 186,282 miles/second (another .12 seconds), the uplink center confirms you are a authorized user (ie, your router is authorized) and then sends the request to the numerical address online of the server you requested, the server gets the request and responds, the uplink center sends the response (.12 seconds), the satellite reroutes it to you (.12 seconds), the TRIA sends it to the modem, the modem sends it to your computer, your browser takes the information received and converts it to be the webpage. So just typing "yahoo.com" into your browser takes at minimum .48 seconds, without factoring any computing time at any of the half dozens computers involved. Now imagine you aren't typing yahoo.com, but just tapping the left arrow on your XBOX controller, or one of the dozens of handshakes your VPN makes to confirm you aren't being eavesdropped upon. This process is involved in every, single, minute thing that requires the internet. Download speeds are the least of your problems.
salyardsjp
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:32 pm

Re: Slow internet

Postby FirstShirt » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:36 pm

Thank you for your reply. You are obviously more conversant on these issues than I. Of course, all these factors slow down the transmission of the data back and forth, but my real concern is the cost versus the quantity of data you can either upload or down load. If you want more all you have to do is pay more. It sounds fair on the surface of it, but it is very pricey for what you receive.

$70 for 10 GB of data during peak hours of 08:00 to 01:59 and another 10 GB during the time of day you're not awake (02:00 - 08:00). This usually only lasts 4 or 5 days when you have a spouse, daughter, and grandson in the house. For $80 per month you can get 15 GB during peak hours and 15 GB off peak. 30 GB of data for $80...
FirstShirt
FirstShirt
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:15 pm

Re: Slow internet

Postby peggyrh » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:42 pm

That's why it's not recommended for anything other than very basic use (& if you have no other option).
It's not for video streaming like Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon.
Peggyrh
H3/J2/WJ
peggyrh
 
Posts: 3120
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:30 am

Re: Slow internet

Postby Chadt4141 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:58 pm

FirstShirt wrote:Thank you for your reply. You are obviously more conversant on these issues than I. Of course, all these factors slow down the transmission of the data back and forth, but my real concern is the cost versus the quantity of data you can either upload or down load. If you want more all you have to do is pay more. It sounds fair on the surface of it, but it is very pricey for what you receive.

$70 for 10 GB of data during peak hours of 08:00 to 01:59 and another 10 GB during the time of day you're not awake (02:00 - 08:00). This usually only lasts 4 or 5 days when you have a spouse, daughter, and grandson in the house. For $80 per month you can get 15 GB during peak hours and 15 GB off peak. 30 GB of data for $80...

It's not cheap to offer. It's incredibly expensive to offer.
I do not work for DISH, and all posts are made based on experience. EMPLOYEEs names only show in GREEN.
PM a mod for account specific answers.
Your friendly everyday guy, I AM CHAD!
Chadt4141
 
Posts: 7368
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:08 pm

Previous

Return to DISH Product Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest