Polk sound bar & wireless subwoofer

Check out our product support threads to find answers to any questions you may have about your Sling Adapter, Tailgater or any other DISH product.

Polk sound bar & wireless subwoofer

Postby bnichols45 » Thu May 14, 2015 10:43 pm

When the installer was here to install the Hopper he mentioned that Dish offered a Polk sound bar with a wireless subwoofer. I can't find any information on it. Can you help?
bnichols45

Re: Polk sound bar & wireless subwoofer

Postby Chadt4141 » Thu May 14, 2015 10:52 pm

I think it is the Polk Soundbar 5000, however, I would recommend buying one externally if possible. You'll generally get a better quality, for less, and you will likely have a better warranty on it elsewhere. Just a suggestion. If you want Dish to install it still, they can as a Smart Home Service, which would be charged anyways if you bought one from them.
I do not work for DISH, and all posts are made based on experience. EMPLOYEEs names only show in GREEN.
PM a mod for account specific answers.
Your friendly everyday guy, I AM CHAD!
Chadt4141

Postby mshumph » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:15 pm

I have never posted anything negative about Dish. I've had Dish for probably over 10 years and do not plan to leave. However, I am very disappointed in the Polk Sound Bar and wireless subwoofer purchased from Dish.
When this system works, the audio is good. But it rarely works. It is difficult to operate, not at all user friendly. I can push any button on my remote, and suddenly the sound bar is in Bluetooth with no sound from the TV.
Most of the time, I needn't push any button and Bluetooth comes on. So I never use this thing.
I complained a few days after purchasing and wanted to return it. Dish sent out a tech to look at the set up. Even he had difficulties making it work. He gave me info on what the lights on the sound bar indicated and how to turn it on and off. But the problem of it not staying on is not corrected. He said sometimes it needs to be reset by pushing Sat and Aux. That does not work.
Apparently, once purchased, there is no refund.
Also be informed that there are no adjustments for bass, treble, etc.
What a complete waste of money. This thing just sits here unusable.
mshumph

Postby Matt G » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:35 pm

mshumph wrote:I have never posted anything negative about Dish. I've had Dish for probably over 10 years and do not plan to leave. However, I am very disappointed in the Polk Sound Bar and wireless subwoofer purchased from Dish.
When this system works, the audio is good. But it rarely works. It is difficult to operate, not at all user friendly. I can push any button on my remote, and suddenly the sound bar is in Bluetooth with no sound from the TV.
Most of the time, I needn't push any button and Bluetooth comes on. So I never use this thing.
I complained a few days after purchasing and wanted to return it. Dish sent out a tech to look at the set up. Even he had difficulties making it work. He gave me info on what the lights on the sound bar indicated and how to turn it on and off. But the problem of it not staying on is not corrected. He said sometimes it needs to be reset by pushing Sat and Aux. That does not work.
Apparently, once purchased, there is no refund.
Also be informed that there are no adjustments for bass, treble, etc.
What a complete waste of money. This thing just sits here unusable.

Please send me a Pm with your phone number and 4 digit PIN so I can review this with you
Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
Social Media Representative
6am-3pm MT M-F
Matt G

Postby rstrusz » Mon May 23, 2016 11:46 am

I wouldn't buy that subwoofer and soundbar ever again
it isn't covered under warranty and I have had mine 5 months and now it doesn't work.
So I spent 300 for absolutely nothing a waste of my money and time for something that is a piece of
crap. I wish I would have did some searching on the internet and found all the negative responses about the
soundbar and subwoofer purchased from Dish before I wasted my time and money.
Especially since Dish won't cover anything or give me my money back
rstrusz

Postby scotar » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:29 pm

Have you tried the manufacturer of the soundbar?
scotar

Postby scotar » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:31 pm

rstrusz wrote:I wouldn't buy that subwoofer and soundbar ever again
it isn't covered under warranty and I have had mine 5 months and now it doesn't work.
So I spent 300 for absolutely nothing a waste of my money and time for something that is a piece of
crap. I wish I would have did some searching on the internet and found all the negative responses about the
soundbar and subwoofer purchased from Dish before I wasted my time and money.
Especially since Dish won't cover anything or give me my money back
Have you tried the manufacturer of the sound bar?

They are the ones that usually provide warranties on the products they manufacture. Dish didn't make the sound bar.
scotar

Postby Wmcearth » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:24 pm

There is a 3 year warranty on dishs soundbars through Polk. You can reach Polk support at 1 (800) 377-7655
Wmcearth

Postby richboy1969 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:42 pm

I like my sound bar but I'm trying to get the rear speaker setup. Part Number DSB3. Who can help me get that?
richboy1969

Postby Mike H. » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:39 am

What we sale is the Polk Audio Smart Sound System. That has the floor sub and sound bar. If you're wanting to get the full room surround sound system it will have to be bought from a BestBuy or Wal-Mart.
Mike H.
Social Media Representative
Sunday-Thursday 6:00 AM-2:30 PM MST
Mike H.

Next

Return to DISH Product Support