Some Program Events Suddenly Missing From EHD

Check out our product support threads to find answers to any questions you may have about your Sling Adapter, Tailgater or any other DISH product.

Some Program Events Suddenly Missing From EHD

Postby KachinaShadow » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:34 pm

I recently added a second EHD in order to free up space on my original EHD and, for the past two weeks, I have been transferring select events from EHD1 to the Hopper and then to EHD2.

A couple of days ago I noticed something that I am very concerned with...some of the program events remaining on EHD1, from which I have been transferring to the new EHD (drives are sorted by folder A-Z), are now missing from EHD1. These events all have names in the bottom half, or so, of the alphabet but oddly enough what's missing isn't all of what was on there...there are at least 20-25, or more, that have just randomly disappeared from the list, some are complete folders with up to 12 events in them and some are from folders where there were 5 events and now there are only 2 showing in the folder while some are just individual events. I have tried disconnecting the power to the Hopper and both drives, have reset the Hopper and have also disconnected the drives and reconnected EHD1 only but still the events remain missing. I'm sure they are still on the drive since I have not deleted anything and also there's nothing in common with the events that are missing...some were 2-3 years old, or older, and some were just months old.

Since my whole purpose of adding a second EHD was to free up space so that I could preserve these events (some of which I will never get back) and am very disappointed that I may never see them again. I'm not sure what to do to recover these but I am hoping that someone will have an answer.
KachinaShadow

Re: Some Program Events Suddenly Missing From EHD

Postby KachinaShadow » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:23 pm

Note that this has never happened before and that I had moved about half of the programs off of this drive to the new drive (EHD2)
KachinaShadow

Postby KachinaShadow » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:49 pm

So would it be possible to connect the drive to a neighbors Hopper and see what shows or are those recordings dedicated to the Hopper that recorded them?
KachinaShadow

Postby peggyrh » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:57 pm

they're linked to your account
Peggyrh
H3/J2/WJ
peggyrh

Postby KachinaShadow » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:07 pm

Last night I looked at EHD1 and it showed that there was 193GB of space used. I moved 21.5 hours of HD programs to the Hopper and afterwards it showed 153GB used.

Based on some simple math I was able to determine that it used approx. 1.86GB per hour of HD programming and by using that figure I was able to determine that the 10.5 hours of HD programming, which are still showing thumbnail icons on that drive, would take up approx. 20GB. By subtracting that from the 153GB of space used, on that drive, it appears that there are approx. 71.5 hours of programming that is on EHD1 for which the thumbnail icons have disappeared.

Does anyone know how I can get these thumbnails, which have disappeared, back on the screen so that I can access the programming that is obviously still on that drive.
KachinaShadow

Postby KachinaShadow » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:09 pm

Today I transferred the remaining 10.5 hours (events with icons still showing) of recordings from EHD1 to the Hopper and then killed the power to ALL devices (Hopper, EHD1 & EHD2) and allowed everything to reboot hoping that perhaps the missing icons would repopulate on the screen. When I now look at EHD1 it displays "no events" yet it is still showing 134GB of used space (over 70 hours) which is what I've found to be the program events that had their icons disappear.

Once again...someone must know how to get these icons back so that I can view or move these 70+ hours of programs that are STILL ON THE DRIVE.
KachinaShadow

Return to DISH Product Support