Caller ID not working on Hopper

Check out our product support threads to find answers to any questions you may have about your Sling Adapter, Tailgater or any other DISH product.

Re: Caller ID not working on Hopper

Postby moore3713 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:09 am

I was at the joey. I went to one hopper and the test was all ok and the phone detected.

Same results on the other Hopper.
moore3713

Postby SamuelH » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:27 am

We are not seeing any issue with our equipment and the performance for the Caller ID. At this time, I recommend calling your phone service provider to see if there is a reason on their end as to why the Caller ID is not working properly.
Sam Hnatiuk
Social Media Representative
Sunday-Wednesday 8:00a-7:00p (MDT)
SamuelH

Postby moore3713 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:31 am

Perhaps you should look into it as being an issue. The caller ID seems to work just fine on the phone itself. It's a VoIP phone system I use, not a hardline AT&T or Verizon dedicated phoneline.
moore3713

Postby Mike H. » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:08 am

On the Hopper remote can you press the buttons of; [MENU] > Settings > Network Setup > Caller ID. Is caller ID set to On? If so please test by calling the home from a cell phone. If there is still no caller phone number, please disconnect the phone line going into the Hopper and connect a landline to see if there is a dial tone.
Mike H.
Sunday-Thursday 6:00 AM-2:30 PM MST
Mike H.

Postby moore3713 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:04 am

There is phone connection to the wall plug at each hopper. I can tell because I did a test and it showed an upload rate when it tested. I don't have it in front of me now but it did some upload (or download not sure which) over the phone line which it said it detected.

tim
moore3713

Postby Mike H. » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:27 am

With that being said you will want to contact your phone provider to see if there needs to be filters placed on all phone lines used in the home.
Mike H.
Mike H.

Postby moore3713 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:02 am

All I can say is it use to work with my 2 old hoppers that were replaced last week with the new ones w/ sling. Nothing else has changed!
moore3713

Postby Mike H. » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:59 am

I do understand that and you said you checked everything with the Hopper and said everything was correct so that means to me there is something tat needs to be checked with your Phone Provider.
Mike H.
Mike H.

Postby stile99 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:18 pm

Do you have two Hoppers? Because you also said you have at least one Joey, and of course checking the settings there didn't work because the settings are on the Hopper. What equipment do you have, and what equipment are you at when you are running the tests, and what equipment are you watching when the Caller ID seems to not work? Continuing to say "it worked before" is absolutely not going to fix whatever the problem is NOW.
stile99

Postby PatronDennis007 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:25 pm

Let me add my 2 cents.
Got new Hopper 3 on 12/4/16.
Had old Hopper with Sling connected through a surge and power supply so ran satellite feed and phone feed through that and had Caller ID that worked fine displaying incoming calls. Technician took that out and said not to hook up new Hopper 3 that way because it caused some type of interference. So hooked up satellite feed direct and removed phone line completely. Yesterday, I missed having incoming calls display on the TV, so I attached a phone line to the phone input on the Hopper 3.
Today, internet speeds were download of 0.28 mbps. Had to wait several minutes on every new site. Terrible or worse. Eventually wondering if I had a rusted connection in the phone box by the street that had happened a couple times before. Started thinking about my wiring and suddenly thought about the most recent change -- connecting the CALLER ID function by attaching a phone line to the Hopper 3. Disconnected the phone line and speeds immediately back to normal.
So my caller id does not display, but in addition it upset my entire WiFi network on all devices so the speeds were incredibly slow. I imagine the modem kept attempting to get a good signal and it took a long, long time so speeds were very slow. So there is something wrong on this phone line connection in the Hopper 3--not only that it does not work, but that it is producing interference in the entire system.
Hope this helps resolve the problem.
PatronDennis007

Previous

Return to DISH Product Support