Regarding receipt ABC outage situation

Browse the programming support forums for any questions you may have about your DISH programming.

Regarding receipt ABC outage situation

Postby Gmcsweeney » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:01 am

My situation is such that ABC was out since the end of September. Towards the end of November it was restored. I'm trying to view my favorite show Designated Survivor. Attempting to catch up on the episodes I missed. That said on my receiver there is an area where you can view past episodes through a streaming process. That said I was able to view season 2 episode 1 which was recorded on my dvr. I found episodes 2 and 3 missing was able to view episodes 4 through present 9.

I think my question is probably out of the norm but can all episodes be restored for like a week or so?
Gmcsweeney

Re: Regarding receipt ABC outage situation

Postby Chadt4141 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:36 am

What’s available on demand is what is given by the channel owner.
I do not work for DISH, and all posts are made based on experience. EMPLOYEEs names only show in GREEN.
PM a mod for account specific answers.
Your friendly everyday guy, I AM CHAD!
Chadt4141

Postby peggyrh » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:12 am

ABC.com has most of their Primetime programming available to stream online.
Season 2 of Designated Survivor can be watched there if you verify with your Dish account (since it's not available through Dish On Demand).
peggyrh

Postby Gmcsweeney » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:51 pm

I was just hoping to watch on my tv (old school kind) thanks.
Gmcsweeney

Postby hddn » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:01 pm

There are quite a few ways to get Internet streams on your TV. HDMI out of a laptop, casting, Smart TVs, and Roku or similar, and probably more. The basic Roku is $25 at Amazon. Just some options.
hddn

Postby crodrules » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:34 pm

Gmcsweeney wrote:My situation is such that ABC was out since the end of September. Towards the end of November it was restored. I'm trying to view my favorite show Designated Survivor. Attempting to catch up on the episodes I missed. That said on my receiver there is an area where you can view past episodes through a streaming process. That said I was able to view season 2 episode 1 which was recorded on my dvr. I found episodes 2 and 3 missing was able to view episodes 4 through present 9.

I think my question is probably out of the norm but can all episodes be restored for like a week or so?

Have you looked under Apps? There is an app labeled "More Video Services" which is basically a Disney app, including ABC. Entire seasons are usually available there, even if not all of the episodes are available through the regular On Demand listings.
"Enough of this, I'm getting a sword."
-Montana Max (as the Sheriff of Naughty Ham) in the cartoon "Robin Hare" from the Tiny Toon Adventures episode "Weirdest Stories Ever Told"
crodrules

Return to DISH Programming Support