4 CW Channels and not one in HD

Browse the programming support forums for any questions you may have about your DISH programming.

Re: 4 CW Channels and not one in HD

Postby Chadt4141 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:11 pm

That is a sub channel. Most sub channels will not be in HD. NPG only owns the CBS, Fox, and Telemundo, in addition to the CW, FYI.
I do not work for DISH, and all posts are made based on experience. EMPLOYEEs names only show in GREEN.
PM a mod for account specific answers.
Your friendly everyday guy, I AM CHAD!
Chadt4141

Postby d4g4m » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:07 pm

^^^^^
CW is not a sub channel. It is a prime channel in 1080HD In the Tampa viewing area, it is WTOG 44-1 and they have their own sub channel 44-2 Decades 480SD No sub channels are HD
d4g4m

Postby Chadt4141 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:26 pm

d4g4m wrote:^^^^^
CW is not a sub channel. It is a prime channel in 1080HD In the Tampa viewing area, it is WTOG 44-1 and they have their own sub channel 44-2 Decades 480SD No sub channels are HD

That was about Palm Springs...
I do not work for DISH, and all posts are made based on experience. EMPLOYEEs names only show in GREEN.
PM a mod for account specific answers.
Your friendly everyday guy, I AM CHAD!
Chadt4141

Postby crodrules » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:38 am

SpartyGuy wrote:I have to say a longtime DISH subscriber this is just flat out unacceptable. I live in Grand Rapids, MI area and have the same issue. How a major network like CW is not available in HD is beyond me. My kids also want Disney XD in HD. For crying out loud, i pay over $150/mo on my DISH bill. Customer Svc can quote, superstations, regulations, and this or that being grandfathered...but what it comes down to is them not serving your customer...ie ME. At some point customers, will just decide that we can stream most of the programming we want elsewhere and to heck with the major cable companies and satellite providers. WAKE UP DISH!!!

Yes, you can stream CW elsewhere, and it is completely free: cwtv.com
"Enough of this, I'm getting a sword."
-Montana Max (as the Sheriff of Naughty Ham) in the cartoon "Robin Hare" from the Tiny Toon Adventures episode "Weirdest Stories Ever Told"
crodrules

Postby crodrules » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:44 am

Chadt4141 wrote:Lastly, Disney XD. It is available on Dish in HD. You can download the content free on demand. I also believe you get access to the free streaming app for Disney. Since already comfortable with streaming, it would make sense to use that with your Dish login.

Disney XD (along with some other Disney-owned channels) is available through the menu on the Dish receiver under Apps, listed as "More Video Services." The App tends to have entire seasons and other episodes that are not available through the regular Dish VOD menu, and no login is required.
"Enough of this, I'm getting a sword."
-Montana Max (as the Sheriff of Naughty Ham) in the cartoon "Robin Hare" from the Tiny Toon Adventures episode "Weirdest Stories Ever Told"
crodrules

Previous

Return to DISH Programming Support