Repeated VOD download failure, one program

Have questions about our new Whole-Home DVR service? Find answers to your Hopper and Joey questions here.

Repeated VOD download failure, one program

Postby HandsomeKen » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:47 am

This is strange: My VOD downloads can be a little touchy but they work fine on my system. However, one offering I REALLY REALLY want after downloading for a few minutes, repeatedly fails. If I try again too soon, I get an interminable "Processing Your Request" message. :? This one program is: Pearl Harbor: Survivors Remember

I have good broadband. My reciever is HPRSLNG MOD Edit: Please do not post receiver and account specific information And a good router, Netgear AC 1900.

Thanks.

Ken
HandsomeKen

Re: Repeated VOD download failure, one program

Postby peggyrh » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:59 pm

Need to remove your receiver number, this is an open forum.
Contact Dish reps by PM, their names are in Green.
peggyrh

Postby HandsomeKen » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:21 pm

Woops thought that was a model number, not a reciever ID. Sorry Peggy.
HandsomeKen

Postby Chadt4141 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:25 pm

What are your download speeds?
I do not work for DISH, and all posts are made based on experience. EMPLOYEEs names only show in GREEN.
PM a mod for account specific answers.
Your friendly everyday guy, I AM CHAD!
Chadt4141

Postby HandsomeKen » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:11 pm

Hi Chad. 30-60 Mbps.
HandsomeKen

Postby Chadt4141 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:50 pm

Is that what you pay for, or what is coming back from a speed test?
I do not work for DISH, and all posts are made based on experience. EMPLOYEEs names only show in GREEN.
PM a mod for account specific answers.
Your friendly everyday guy, I AM CHAD!
Chadt4141

Postby HandsomeKen » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:12 pm

The speeds come from a progress bar inside VOD screen. My Speedtest.net rates on other wirelessly connected devices is also in that range or higher. Wired connections to that router well in excess of 100Mbps.
HandsomeKen

Postby thehip » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:09 pm

HandsomeKen wrote:The speeds come from a progress bar inside VOD screen. My Speedtest.net rates on other wirelessly connected devices is also in that range or higher. Wired connections to that router well in excess of 100Mbps.

I have the same problem with Enders Game - it will download exactly 40 minutes and then never advances beyond that point....after a certain amount of time I get the red Download Failed message. I can download other movies or shows with no issues. Despite this - you will be asked a ton of useless questions. It has nothing to do with your internet speed (OR NOTHING WORLD DOWNLOAD) nor the model receiver you are using, but you already probably recognize the useless busywork questions that get asked in the hope that you will abandon your question. This is not on your end at all. You will get no resolution here at all.
thehip

Return to Hopper and Joey