MyDish App

Check back here for all of your non-technical DISH customer service needs.

MyDish App

Postby GBlueskies » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:41 am

Having more Tailgater functions and changing your zip code on the app or online for local channels. This will make it easy for our customers who like to have a tailgater on for the weekend and turn it off during the week or for people who travel a lot, and many others customers who wish to do this themselves. I believe this will be very beneficial for our customers! :)
GBlueskies

Re: MyDish App

Postby NYDutch » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:54 pm

Having the ability to change our service address online in the MyDish app and/or our MyDish web accounts would be a big help to full/part time RV'ers and truckers that move to new locations frequently.
Dutch
NYDutch

Postby MarkL » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:19 pm

NYDutch wrote:Having the ability to change our service address online in the MyDish app and/or our MyDish web accounts would be a big help to full/part time RV'ers and truckers that move to new locations frequently.

Hello NYDutch. It is an awesome idea. Unfortunately, making that option available could cause issues.
FCC requires us to provide locals for your service address. Some customer want to get other DMA's or Regional Sports Networks that don't have an RV or a vacation home to watch a game or get news from nearby area's. We need to have customers to notify us of their current locations so we can change your DMA's.

If calling in is troublesome or inconvenient, contact us via private message on Twitter or Facebook. We're there too.
Mark "Denverdood" Lucas
Social Media Representative
Hours:Thurs, Fri, Sat, Mon 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Off Sun,Tues, Weds
MarkL

Postby NYDutch » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:03 pm

I normally use the chat system to make my service address changes as we move from one park to another, Mark, and it works quite well with only rare problems usually involving the failure to set a flag to update the EPG. I'm not complaining, just suggesting that it would be simpler to do it online the same as we can currently change our billing address. I do understand that DISH would need to process a similar RV/truck verification to flag the account as they currently do for the LA distant networks service in order to be compliant with the FCC regs..
Dutch
NYDutch

Return to Customer Service