Dish Anywhere iOS app and AirPlay issues

Post any questions that you may have about DISHAnywhere.com or the DISH Anywhere app here.

Dish Anywhere iOS app and AirPlay issues

Postby bginsberg » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:29 pm

Is anyone else having trouble using AirPlay with the Dish Anywhere App on iOS devices?

I can use the app on all my family's iOS devices (iPhone 5, iPhone 6s, iPad mini 2) without issue, however when I try to connect Dish Anywhere on any of those mobile device to a TV via AirPlay, the screen bounces back and forth between the selected program and the Apple TV home page. It does this for a few seconds whenever a new show is started (live or DVR), and intermittently during the broadcast as well, often resulting in sync issues between the audio and video.

Of note: AirPlay works perfectly when broadcasting Dish Anywhere from a Mac computer (have tried with 3 different computers successfully: 1-MacBook Pro, 1-MacBook Air, and 1-iMac). The problem appears to be specific to AirPlay AND the iOS Dish Anywhere app.

If anyone has had this issue and managed to solve/fix it, or knows why it might be happening, your responses are greatly appreciated.
bginsberg

Re: Dish Anywhere iOS app and AirPlay issues

Postby Mike H. » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:22 am

With you saying the screen bounces back and forth as well as there are audio and video issues we would ask you contact Apple AirPlay to see if they have an issue in connecting fully using DISH Anywhere.
Mike H.
Social Media Representative
Sunday-Thursday 6:00 AM-2:30 PM MST
Mike H.

Postby jsscurfer » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:01 pm

I am a long time Dish Anywhere user on MAC OS. Recently bought Macbook Pro 2016 touch bar with Sierra OS. The Dish Chrome extension nor the IOS Dish App work. Why?
jsscurfer

Postby RickObe » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:59 pm

jsscurfer wrote:I am a long time Dish Anywhere user on MAC OS. Recently bought Macbook Pro 2016 touch bar with Sierra OS. The Dish Chrome extension nor the IOS Dish App work. Why?

DishAnywhere is working fine for me on macOS 10.12.2 Sierra on a new MBP with touch bar under Safari. When you play live TV or DVR playback, it now launches a stand-alone app for playback (which seems to work better than the old in-browser player).

DishAnywhere on iOS on my iPad and iPhone also are working.

Not that are not some issues (timers are not correct, iPad app frequently says offline when internet connection is good). But if they're not working at all for you, then likely something unique to your setup.
RickObe

Postby mikenol » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:42 pm

Going back to the original topic, I am having the same issue. However, it only happens for me when using the Recall button. Everything works fine until I hit the Recall button at which point I get an error on my Apple TV that says the content could not be displayed, try again later. I then get the Apple TV home screen, then it starts playing the DishAnywhere stream (I don't have to touch anything). If I manually enter a channel other than the previous channel (say the previous was 140 and I enter 143), this does not happen.

This issue happens on my iPhone6 and iPad4. It does not happen when I use my iPhone 4s.

I do not believe this is an issue with the Apple TV/AirPlay, I believe it is an issue with the DishAnywhere app. Where can I get help with this?
mikenol

Return to DISH Anywhere