Recordings set on Anywhere don't stick

Post any questions that you may have about DISHAnywhere.com or the DISH Anywhere app here.

Recordings set on Anywhere don't stick

Postby BWolfe78 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:33 pm

Hello. For the past week, whenever I attempt to set an upcoming recording on the Dish Anywhere app, it disappears from the Scheduled list a few hours later. I can't figure out why recordings set using the app don't seem to stick anymore. Can someone help me fix this? Thank you.
BWolfe78

Re: Recordings set on Anywhere don't stick

Postby Mike H. » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:31 am

There are some things I want to check with you to see if I am having the same issue.

What type of device are you using to set the recordings? Is it for a program that is playing at the time of setting the timer? Do you get the confirmation that a timer has been set?
Mike H.
Social Media Representative
Sunday-Thursday 6:00 AM-2:30 PM MST
Mike H.

Postby BWolfe78 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:37 am

Hello Mike. I'm using an iPhone 6 to program. These are shows a few days in advance, not currently airing. A timer is create, and that remains, but the show vanishes from the Scheduled list shortly after and doesn't record when the time comes for the show to air (though the show still shows as a Timer even after disappearing from Scheduled). This only seems to happen with one-time recordings, not series recordings. I do get confirmations that the settings were successful. Please let me know how to troubleshoot this because it's a real pain. Thank you.
BWolfe78

Postby Mike H. » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:08 am

Thanks for that and what I am going to do is try this on a iPhone 6+. Have the shows passed as far as the date of recording? If not can you please provide me the titles to check into this further for you?
Mike H.
Mike H.

Postby BWolfe78 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:34 pm

Yesterday I set it to record Big Little Lies on HBO tonight at 6:00 and an old episode of Night Court on Laff airing at 4:00 on 3/20. Both were successfully created as timers, yet now neither appears on my Scheduled list anymore, even though they were on there yesterday. I just can't figure out why recordings set up on the Anywhere app seem to self-delete within a matter of hours. This was never an issue before last week. Very frustrating.
BWolfe78

Postby BWolfe78 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:53 am

Another example: This morning I set up a recording for The Mummy on TCM this coming Friday. Immediately after doing so, that set recording showed up in my Scheduled list. Now tonight, I look at the Scheduled list and the record of the setting has vanished. I've tried to include screenshots to illustrate all of this, but this forum isn't allowing it for some reason.

Can anyone help me figure this out? I just cannot figure out why setting recordings on the app has suddenly become so unreliable. I've tried deleting and re-adding the app to see if that makes a difference, but it doesn't. Is no one else having this issue?
BWolfe78

Postby BWolfe78 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:51 pm

Now it's also not keeping series recordings set up on the app. Before I had thought it was just one-time recordings having this problem. It can't just be me dealing with this nuisance, can it?
BWolfe78

Postby VanessaK » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:01 pm

This is a known issue that our engineers are already aware of and are working on a fix. It is scheduled to be fixed by April 18, 2017. I would be happy to submit feedback on your behalf. If you would like, please send us a private message with your phone number and four digit security code.
Vanessa K
Hours: Tues, Wed, Thurs, Sun. 11am - 10pm
VanessaK

Postby BWolfe78 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:58 pm

It looks like the problem still persists. I downloaded the app update that was made available yesterday and then tested to see if a recording scheduled via the Anywhere app remained on the schedule a few hours later. Unfortunately, the scheduled recording disappeared yet again. Are the engineers still working on a solution for this? The app is somewhat pointless if it can't be relied upon as a means of scheduling recordings remotely.
BWolfe78

Postby Mike H. » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:40 am

When you go into the HD DVR and check the timers did you see it there and if not what did it have by the timer set for this recording?
Mike H.
Mike H.

Next

Return to DISH Anywhere