in-home streaming

Post any questions that you may have about DISHAnywhere.com or the DISH Anywhere app here.

in-home streaming

Postby jodyfell » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:22 am

I'm a future DISH customer trying to sort things out. I have poor Internet service where I'll be moving to and don't think that Dish Anywhere will be an option due to bandwidth and cap limitations. What I'm trying to accomplish is in-home streaming where content would be streamed directly from a Dish device to a wi-fi connected device (aka wife's iPad) -- without using the external Internet. Everything I have read so far would seem to indicate that all Dish Anywhere traffic is routed through the Internet first and then to its final destination (which makes perfect sense if you're on the road). I'm just trying to stream it to a spot in the house where there is no TV screen.

If you need more info from me please let me know. -Thanks!
jodyfell

Re: in-home streaming

Postby Chadt4141 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:11 am

You can stream internally without using internet.
I do not work for DISH, and all posts are made based on experience. EMPLOYEEs names only show in GREEN.
PM a mod for account specific answers.
Your friendly everyday guy, I AM CHAD!
Chadt4141

Postby jodyfell » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:21 am

Fantastic. Does that use the Dish Anywhere service or is that straight from the Dish device?
jodyfell

Postby Chadt4141 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:22 am

jodyfell wrote:Fantastic. Does that use the Dish Anywhere service or is that straight from the Dish device?

Both.
I do not work for DISH, and all posts are made based on experience. EMPLOYEEs names only show in GREEN.
Chadt4141

Postby jodyfell » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:23 am

Even better -- thanks!
jodyfell

Postby Chadt4141 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:33 am

I should clarify. If you're streaming your receiver, it uses in home data. If you try to stream the on demand on Dish anywhere, it will use data.
Chadt4141

Return to DISH Anywhere