Live TV freezes after 90 seconds on Amazon Fire Stick

Post any questions that you may have about DISHAnywhere.com or the DISH Anywhere app here.

Re: Live TV freezes after 90 seconds on Amazon Fire Stick

Postby peggyrh » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:13 pm

No smart tv has the Dish Anywhere app.
Since some Firesticks are working and others are not I would think this might take a while to figure out (mine is working OK).
peggyrh

Postby art11 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:22 pm

I'm chiming in for the third time to say the problem continues for me on all three Amazon Fire boxes and stick. In the meantime I am checking out options to cut the cord and drop Dish. There are several online alternatives that offer a selection of channels that might fit the bill, and I have trial subscriptions in place to see how well they work.
art11

Postby andreshorter71 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:02 pm

i saw your comment and chuckled since you copied what i posted on amazon back on 12/21 and added a few tweaks. no harm, no foul bro. sadly, i'm still experiencing the same issue on my firestick and kindle fire tablet.
i hope it gets fixed soon. there was an update on 12/13/17 that broke the app.

LincolnKelly wrote:When I try to watch live tv on my Amazon fire stick (with Alexa voice remote) after about 90 seconds, the screen will freeze and a loading circle will continuously spin. i've sat for over 5 mins to see if playback would resume but it didn't. this is something specific to amazon devices because the same thing happened on my friend's amazon fire tablet. the app works perfect on my iphone, windows 7 pc, and MacBook (aka non-amazon devices). the only thing that does work on my fire stick for this app are on demand and dvr recordings but live tv doesn't work at all.

Also- I have zero problems with other apps on my Amazon fire stick (espn, NBC, Netflix, CNN, etc. all load high definition smoothe without buffering)

I've tried to uninstall and reinstall; reboot my device; turn on "standard viewing" rather than auto/hd as well as turn off live tv in background and nothing...

Any advice/feedback greatly appreciated!
andreshorter71

Postby Matt G » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:35 pm

This is still a known issue with no workaround and no estimated fix date. You will likely need to wait for the next version of the app to be released in hopes that this is resolved. This issue is indeed only with the Fire TV and Fire stick.
Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
Tuesday-Saturday 6am-3pm MT
OFF Sunday and Monday
Matt G

Postby Nanders7 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:27 pm

My problem continues unabated as well. Do we know when the next version of the app is coming out? I’m worrried this is going to take too long to fix and that I should just switch from Dish to DirecTV
Nanders7

Postby mike2222 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:29 am

I agree wholeheartedly....just when I think it's fixed, it's not.
I am becoming very frustrated with Dish over this issue that has been known for several weeks. I think Dish engineers are so overwhelmed by the problems with Dish Sling TV that Dish Sat TV customers problems are being stalled or ignored.
Not a good situation and many customers will move on as a result.
mike2222

Postby bcats4life » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:46 pm

My problem is slightly different. I don't have any freezing or picture issues but ever minute or so the buffering circle appears and spins for about 10 seconds and then goes away. It does this continually every few minutes but it never disrupts the picture. Anyone else have the same issue?
bcats4life

Postby mike2222 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:58 am

Same problem here on fire tv 1st gen & fire stick2. I have tried every conceivable fix including upping my upload to 10mb & download to 100mb.
Nothing has worked. Works fine on mac computer & ipad.
Has to be something with the app or the amazon devices or both.
Lack of any feedback from Amazon is very frustrating. I need for it to work on my amazon devices.
Has anyone out there having good results with this app away from home?
mike2222

Postby Nanders7 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:50 pm

Mike2222 this is the exact problem I’ve been having. The firestick doesn’t work at my other residence. No way for me to watch live tv or dvr. No timetable for the fix. No way to tell if it’s actually being actively worked on other than the statement we’ve been given, “engineering is aware of this and are working on it.”
Nanders7

Postby NYDutch » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:21 pm

mike2222 wrote:Has anyone out there having good results with this app away from home?

We live in our motorhome, and we travel regularly. We've been through 8 states over the past week as we head to Florida for a few months. Our Fire stick and the DA app have worked fine at every stop, and even while underway.
Dutch
NYDutch

PreviousNext

Return to DISH Anywhere