Sling Adapter connectivity issues

Post any questions that you may have about DISHAnywhere.com or the DISH Anywhere app here.

Re: Sling Adapter connectivity issues

Postby mabbasi » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:47 pm

Thank you for all your help in solving this problem. You are a gentleman. Have a great day.
mabbasi

Postby Jason S » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:04 pm

No worries at all! Glad we were able to get that resolved, let us know when you get the new sling adapter so we know for sure that solved your problem. Thanks again for your time.
Jason Surber
Social Media Representative
Sunday - Wednesday 11:00 -10:00pm MST
Jason S

Postby cdw » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:21 pm

I recently upgraded to the new Hopper, Joey and Sling Adapter. They were all installed at the same time. I bought the Sling adapter so I could what the Financial Network at work all day everyday. I was excited to try it. When I got to my office I logged on and it worked great. I loved the product and was happy with my purchase. Then one day for no reason it just stopped working. I got the following error: "Your computer was able to connect to your device, but the connection was interrupted. (Error 36) Please try connecting again." Of course trying again didn't work. I called Dish about a half-a-dozen times on this issue and was constantly and repeatedly transferred around before being told essentially, it's your work network your it people need to fix it. Why, we didn't change the network and when I connect on my ipad at work on the same network it works fine? But I had my IT staff try to solve the problem anyway. They couldn't figure out where to start. They gave it their best but they found no problem. I can watch HBO go at work just fine as an example and as I said my Ipad works on my office network - weird. So then I was told that because my Ipad worked on the network but my desktop and laptop didn't it was my computers that had the problem. Again they use to work just fine, I have changed nothing but ok, I had my It people check it out they found no issue but still wanted to know specifics to check. What does the error code say as an example? After a few weeks of this frustration, I logged on today and found there was a new add on for Firefox and IE9. I downloaded them and was excited to know Dish finally released a fix! When I went to "Dish Anywhere" (beta version?) I click on "Guide" and then... I got an error 2 on a black screen instead of error 36 on a blue screen. I called in to tech support was transferred twice before getting advance tech support. The kid couldn't help me but he sure tried and was very honest. He said he had the same issue on his on Dish system at home and that though they were just given training on the new(?) "Dish Anywhere" changes they were not provided with any info about this problem and no support info on the error code. Usually an error code is provide so support know where to check for the problem and what the potential fixes are. Like this link as an example: http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-5000268.html I called the manufacturer of the Sling adapter and they told me they could not help as that was a Dish product and a Dish Error code which they had no info on. He said if I had bought from them they could support any issues because they have all their error codes listed and with solutions. (See Sling's webpage - listed above). When I tried to look for solutions on this forum I see a lot of "go to PE" (private email) with a final "Thanks a lot for the help! - posts at the end of the sting with no solutions posted that got the "thanks a lot for the fix" comment at the end. Since I have been told this is my problem and Dish does not support this, I'm trying to find a fix. Questions: Is Dish aware of this problem? Just Google "Dish network Error 36" or "Dish Network can't connect with Sling adapter" is they are not. Is a fix coming? If so When? Has Dished provided tech support any info regarding error code 2 specifically? Are there some stings you can point me to with solutions that have worked for others posted that I could try and follow for my issue? If not can I get a refund for my Sling Adapter? I would rather pay a little more for one from Sling then pay less for one that doesn't from Dish?
cdw

Postby Matt G » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:35 pm

cdw, does your router have a DMZ section that you can place the Hopper in? Is there a red light on the sling adapter?
Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
Tuesday-Saturday 6am-3pm MT
OFF Sunday and Monday
Matt G

Postby georgeseifert » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:51 pm

I sometimes worry about these PM things cause we never know if the issue was resolved and if I have similar problems, what I can to try and fix it...
georgeseifert

Postby Mary B. » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:36 pm

georgeseifert wrote:I sometimes worry about these PM things cause we never know if the issue was resolved and if I have similar problems, what I can to try and fix it...

Hi, I would be happy to assist you with any issue you are having with your Sling. In order to assist you, I will need to know what is happening when you try to sling. We can always try to trouble shoot on the public forum but since most of the sling issues have to do with the specific home network where the receiver is located, we do not discuss this information on the public forum but in a private message to protect our customer's personal and account information. Please let me know what is happening when you try to sling and I will assist you further. Thank you!
Mary Catherine Brady
Social Media Business Operations Analyst
Mary B.

Postby cdw » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:20 pm

I wondered if it was the internet connection. So here at work, I walked into my IT guy's office and had him try and login on his computer. It is on the same Network. It worked just fine. So that means it must be my two computers or perhaps I have my own firewall on the network which I will check. I'm going to take my laptop home and see if it connects at home. If it does it must be something installed on these two HP computers I use in my office. As I said my Ipad works both at home on my network as well as here at work. My my laptop and desktop run K9 and MS Essentials. I went into K9 an added this http://www.dishanywhere.com/sling/134270208 as well as the same thing ending in .com and the same thing ending in /sling. I excluded those address from the k9 security block. I also went into my MS firewall and shut it down and turned off Security Essentials. I save or said OK then tried it again and still get an error 2. Now I'm trying it on Chrome and it is just stuck on initializing even though I have refreshed a few times. When I try to watch on MS IE 9 I got this message. "We're sorry, but your current web browser, operating system, or the combination of both is not currently supported by the SlingPlayer plug-in. Please click here for more information."

I'll take my laptop home and try it there to see if it works. If it does, then I don't know what to say. If it doesn't work then it must be something in my computer, but I don't know what to do. Can we do a remote access?
cdw

Postby Hoppaluva » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:48 pm

I'm running Microsoft Essentials on Windows 7, 64 bit IE9 and Chrome/FF and they all work fine both at work and at home for me. I would just keep working on disabling programs running on your PC until you figure out what is stopping it and throwing these error codes.
Hoppaluva

Postby cdw » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:00 pm

At me office I can now watch anything on Dish Anywhere but not Live TV, My DVR, or Guide. At least it is some progress. Any suggestions now?
cdw

Postby Hoppaluva » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:39 am

cdw wrote:At me office I can now watch anything on Dish Anywhere but not Live TV, My DVR, or Guide. At least it is some progress. Any suggestions now?

It's probably a firewall issue on the work network.
Hoppaluva

PreviousNext

Return to DISH Anywhere